Setting up Retain Term Optimization - ReCharge
Retain can help get more of your customers on longer plan lengths.
Currently Term Optimization only works for plans with a standard price (not prorated). Also, we can only upgrade subscriptions where their charge interval and shipping interval match.
What we need from you:
- Submit mapping of which monthly plan IDs correlate to which longer plan length plan IDs. This helps us calculate the appropriate discount value for each customer. You can duplicate the template here.
- Every ReCharge product is associated with at least one Shopify variant ID. These variants represent the variations of the products (i.e., if the product is a t-shirt, possible variants include blue, red, black, etc.).
- Here is an example of what we're looking for:
39492286415025 → 39491323723953
- We need information on all of your variants in order to match variant IDs to ReCharge product IDs. You can find this information using the URL below (replace "STORENAME" with your store name): https://STORENAME.myshopify.com/admin/variants.json/
- You can simply copy all the text here, and send that to us.
- Let us know what percent of engaged users you'd like to target. For example, the top 20% of all engaged users are good prospects to upgrade. More info on that here.
- That's it! We'll then be able to provide your customers with a beautiful 1-click UX to upgrade their subscription.