Installing the ProfitWell Snippet with Segment
ProfitWell's Segment integration lets you deploy the ProfitWell .js in seconds. You'll be up and running with ProfitWell Engagement and Retain in just a few minutes.
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page click on “Add Destination”.
- Search for “ProfitWell” within the Destinations Catalog and confirm the Source you’d like to connect to.
- Drop in the token your Segment destination settings.
- You can find your public token in 2 places:
- Within the Retain control center under preview snippet
- Under the "Engagement" tab > "Get Started" > "I'm Technical": the snippet will halfway down the page, embedded for you within the first line of the Web-App snippet, as such:
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t had a chance to review the Segment spec, please take a look to understand what the Identify method does. An example call would look like:
Identify calls will start the ProfitWell service using the customer’s email to track them. If no email is provided it will start the service anonymously.
*Note that the data doesn't sync into the PW UI in real time. It can take up to 24 hours to reflect.