Installing the ProfitWell Snippet with Segment
ProfitWell's Segment integration lets you deploy the ProfitWell .js in seconds. You'll be up and running with ProfitWell Engagement and Retain in just a few minutes.
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page click on “Add Destination”.
- Search for “ProfitWell” within the Destinations Catalog and confirm the Source you’d like to connect to.
- Drop in the token your Segment destination settings.
- You can find your public token in 2 places:
- Within the Retain control center under preview snippet
- Under the "Engagement" tab > "Get Started" > "I'm Technical": the snippet will halfway down the page, embedded for you within the first line of the Web-App snippet, as such:
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to email@example.com
If you haven’t had a chance to review the Segment spec, please take a look to understand what the Identify method does. An example call would look like:
Identify calls will start the ProfitWell service using the customer’s email to track them. If no email is provided it will start the service anonymously.
*Note that the data doesn't sync into the PW UI in real time. It can take up to 24 hours to reflect.
The Referrer-Policy HTTP header controls how much referrer information (sent via the Referrer header) should be included with requests. Aside from the HTTP header, you can set this policy in HTML.
For the ProfitWell snippet to work correctly, you must set the policy referrer to strict-origin.
You can set referrer policies inside HTML. For example, you can set the referrer policy for the entire document with a
<meta> element with a name of
<meta name="referrer" content="strict-origin">