Setting up Retain Term Optimization
Annual plans drastically reduce churn. Here's the data.
Retain can help get more of your customers on annual plans.
If you do not already have the ProfitWell.js snippets installed, follow these instructions here (if you are already using Retain or Reactivations, you have this installed).
1. Submit mapping of which monthly plan ids correlate to which annual plan ids. This helps us calculate the appropriate discount value for each customer. If you are on Stripe, you can find the plan id by selecting into the plan and copying the API ID.
You can duplicate the template provided here and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Let us know what percent of engaged users you'd like to target. For example, the top 20% of all engaged users are good prospects to upgrade. This article may help you figure out who you want to target.
3. Let us know if you want us to email them, use in-app notifications, or both.
4. [Optional] Want to turn on Rollback Recovery? You'll need to have Retain Payment Recovery in order to use this feature.
5. That's it! We'll then be able to provide your customers with a beautiful 1-click UX to upgrade their subscription.
Contact us at email@example.com with this information to talk to one of our Product Managers if you're not already in touch with one of our team members.
Term optimization email to customers.
Confirmation modal for customers to upgrade their subscription.
In-app notification offering customers an upgrade to an annual plan.